- studying product specifications and taking measurements to determine conformity to specifications
- examining and marking output for visible defects such as cracks, holes and breakages
- making minor repairs and adjustments to products
- compiling quality assurance reports, maintaining documentation and reporting findings
- examining products for defects and grading produce
- designating grading of produce and recording details of assessments according to classification system
- collecting and labelling samples for inspection
- recording details of sampling procedures and sources of samples
- preparing samples and carrying out prescribed tests
A Certificate II or III, or at least 1 year of relevant experience, is usually needed to work in this job. Even with a qualification, sometimes experience or on-the-job training is necessary.
VET Course Providers:
New South Wales
Australian Capital Territory
For more information on required qualifications, click here.
ANZSCO ID 8393Act now button