2019 Science and Innovation Awards
Application close: 12 Oct 2018,
Grant applications are now open for the 2019 Science and Innovation Awards for Young People in Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry. If you’re 18-35, this is your chance to apply for a grant of up to $22,000 to fund your project on an innovative or emerging scientific issue that will benefit Australia’s primary industries.
The Science Awards encourage young scientists, researchers, innovators and others active in the agriculture sector who have an original project that will contribute to the ongoing success and sustainability of Australia’s agricultural, fisheries and forestry industries. The Science Awards have already helped more than 230 young Australians make their ideas a reality and showcase their talent to the world.
There are thirteen industry Science Award categories open for applications: cotton, dairy, eggs and poultry (layers), established, new and emerging rural industries, fisheries and aquaculture, forest and wood products, grains, health and biosecurity, meat and livestock, pork, red meat processing, viticulture and oenology, and wool. Each category includes a $22,000 grant, and is generously supported by the research and development corporations and industry organisations as our Science Award partners.
To be eligible you must:
1. be between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive) on Friday 12 October 2018.
2. be Australian citizens or permanent residents (proof required) by the closing date.
3. be working, employed or studying in an agriculture, fisheries or forestry related industry (including food and sustainable natural resource management). Proof such as a letter of employment, scholarship or pay slip may be requested.
4. not be employed by a sponsoring organisation in the award category they are applying for, and not have an immediate family member (eg a sibling or parent) who is employed by a sponsoring organisation in their selected award category.
5. not be employed by an Australian Government agency classified as a Non-Corporate Commonwealth Entity under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013.Act now button