AIEF-BHP Billiton Tertiary Scholarships
Application close: 28 Oct 2018,
AIEF-BHP Tertiary Scholarships are awarded to outstanding Indigenous students undertaking engineering, science and other approved degrees, who aspire to work with BHP and to one day become leaders in the business
The scholarships offer a unique and highly attractive opportunity to learn from experts, develop a global network of colleagues, attend world class training, and build exceptional skills and expertise.
To be eligible for an AIEF-BHP Tertiary Scholarship you must:
• Be an Australian resident (currently residing in Australia).
• Be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and able to provide supporting evidence of this.
• Be enrolled full time to study an eligible degree at an Australian university or applying to enrol full time at an Australian university, having selected an approved degree as a first preference. • Demonstrate strong academic achievement and potential.
• Not be in receipt of any other scholarship, cadetship, career support or similar, or undertaking any other work experience, internship or employment, unless agreed with AIEF and BHP. Students in receipt of Commonwealth Scholarship Programme (CSP) scholarships are eligible for the AIEF-BHP Tertiary Scholarship.
• Agree not to accept any other cadetship, internship, work experience or similar opportunities unless agreed with AIEF and BHP.
• Be enthusiastic about a career in the mining industry, and more specifically with BHP.
• Be willing to apply for and participate in BHP Internships and the BHP Graduate Program, which take place at BHP offices and assets Australia wide.
• Commit to participate in the AIEF Pathways Program and to not participate in similar programs or activities offered by other organisations.
Students part way through their degree are encouraged to apply.Act now button