Sugar industry postgraduate research scholarships
Application open: 01 Jan 2018
Application close: 31 Oct 2018,
Sugar Research Australia are calling for applications for postgraduate research scholarships (Masters or PhD level), to fill capability gaps in focus areas compatible with our five-year strategic plan.
Scholarships are available for three years for PhD studies and two years for Research Masters studies and are awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
- Optimally-adapted varieties, plant breeding and release
- Soil health, nutrient management and environmental sustainability
- Pest, disease and weed management
- Farming systems and harvesting
- Milling efficiency and technology
- Product diversification and value addition
- Knowledge and technology transfer and adoption
- Collaboration and capability development
To be eligible for a full SPRS or a top-up scholarship, the candidate must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia and must have acceptance at a recognised research institution. The Principal Supervisor for the postgraduate study program must provide evidence that the host organisation supports the project and the applicant’s candidature for the relevant study program.Act now button